When should I schedule a session?
For family pictures, it is best to contact me 2-4 weeks before you want your pictures taken. For Weddings, please contact me 3-4 months before your wedding date.
Also, plan on taking pictures 2 hours before sunset when the lighting is best.
What do I wear to my session?
Moms, pick your outfits first! Pick something that you feel comfortable in and that flatters you. Then coordinate a color scheme for the rest of your family (3-4 colors). Also think about where you will be hanging the photograph– will it coordinate with the colors you have in that room? For more suggestions, check out this link.
What to Wear:
- Choose comfortable clothes: If you’re not comfortable, it will be noticeable in the pictures. Choose clothes that will flatter and look best on you.
- Wear something that compliments your personality: Make sure your clothes look like “you” and fits your style.
- Coordinate your clothing with each other: Wear clothes that are the same level of “dressyness,” and wear similar shades that compliment each other.
- Choose clothes to compliment your location and the time of year.
- Choose colors that compliment your skin tone: For example, if you have light skin, white clothing can wash out your complexion in photographs.
What NOT to wear:
- Fluorescent Colors: Fluorescent colors (such as bright orange or red) tend to color cast on faces, necks and hair. When the shirt is so bright, it often also changes the color of the person standing next to them.
- Trendy Clothing: They will date your photos as soon as the trend goes out of style.
- Major changes with your hair and makeup: You want your engagement photos to reflect who you really are, and you want to be comfortable in your own skin.
- T-shirts and old tennis shoes: We know you are comfortable in t-shirts and your favorite tennis shoes, but they don’t look the best in photos.
- Large Patterns: Wide-striped shirts, dresses and tops with large patterns on them such as large polka dots, or animal prints.
- If you want, bring props that fit your personalities.
- Consider bringing an outfit to change into mid-way through your photo session. You could start your photo session wearing dressy clothes, and then change into more casual clothes (or vice versa).
If you are unsure what to wear, bring it all and I can help you decide!
Senior Session/Maternity Session
- Wear something that fits your personality and your style. Be you!
- Choose clothes that are comfortable and flattering for your body type.
- Make sure and read the engagement session outfit tips.
Where will we go for the session?
We will go somewhere that reflects your personality and interests. It depends on what kind of look that you want as well. I am happy to make suggestions where I have gone in the past but feel the location should be significant to you. Please e-mail me if you have questions about where to go and we can pick somewhere together.
How does the payment work?
- I will send you an invoice a few days before your session via email that includes the session fee and tax. This can be paid online right away or can be paid at the time of the session with check or cash. (Please makes checks to Jamie Tervort Photography).
- I require a $500 non-refundable deposit for weddings. This fee must be paid at the time the invoice is received and will hold your date. I do not require a deposit for any other sessions.
- If you have to reschedule or cancel, please let me know 24 hours before. The payment includes the time and talent of the photographer, editing, and all edited digital files.
When will I receive my images?
It can take me anywhere from 2-6 weeks after your session. They will be delivered digitally via pixieset. I will send you an e-mail and text notification when they are ready.
Can I share my images on social media?
Of course! It makes me so happy when you do! But please give credit to Jamie Tervort Photography under any images posted whether it's on Facebook (Jamie Tervort Photography) or on Instagram (#jamietervortphotography or @jamietervort). Please do not edit or add filters to any photos.
What is included in an extended family session?
I'm pretty easy going with however many groupings we can get done in the allotted hour and a half session. This can include 2-3 group poses, individual families, individual kids/grandkids, couples. I can last as long as the kids and husbands can last!
Why should I print my images at a professional printer and not at Wal-Mart?
K. I know Wal-Mart, Costco, Sams Club, Walgreens and Target are all inexpensive, BUT you just spent money on getting your pictures professionally taken so why not get them professional printed?! It doesn't cost that much more and I can do it for you if you want! This is why you should: http://www.amandajacksonphoto.com/2014/01/13/pro-prints-vs-drugstore-prints-it-does-matter/